Planning & Environment Committee Meetings
The Parish Council has a statutory right to be notified of every planning application submitted relating to the parish, and to make representations to the Planning Authority (Guildford Borough Council). The Parish Council delegates the consideration of planning applications to its Planning & Environment Committee (which also monitors local environmental threats and problems). Members of the public are invited to attend the Committee’s meetings and make representations.
Planning Meetings take place on Mondays (unless otherwise stated below) at 7.30pm in the Lovelace Room, East Horsley Village Hall, Agendas and Minutes will be posted on the website and on Council noticeboards.
April 8, 23 (Tuesday) & 30 (Tuesday)
May 7 (Tuesday) & 21 (Tuesday)
June 3 & 17
July 1, 29
September 2, 16, 30
October 14, 28
November 11, 25
February 10, 24
March 9, 23
April 6, 21 (Tuesday)
May 5 (Tuesday), 19 (Tuesday)
2018 PLANNING SUMMARY
- In 2018 a total of 97 planning applications were made for new development at properties in East Horsley.
- The planning authority, GBC, approved 82 of these applications whilst 4 were withdrawn by the applicant. GBC refused 11 applications, 12% of those determined.
- Demolition of 8 homes was approved by GBC, to be replaced by larger new dwellings on the same site.
- There was net increase of 4 new homes approved as residential in-filling within the existing settlement area, at sites in Forest Road, Woodland Drive and Oakwood Drive.
- 67 of the approved applications were for extensions to existing properties.
- All 97 applications were reviewed by EHPC’s Planning Committee, which objected to 20 applications, 21% of those submitted.
- Alignment between the views of EHPC’s Planning Committee and the decisions made by GBC was 85%.
- The East Horsley Neighbourhood Plan was adopted on 24July 2018 to become part of the development plan for the village. Its policies are now regularly cited in planning decisions, in particular the East Horsley Design Code (EH-H7), the Spatial Development policy (EH-S1) and the Residential Infilling policy (EH-H8)